Clean Duvet Without Going to the Laundry: the Trick
Do you want a clean and fragrant duvet without taking it to the laundry? We’ll reveal the secrets to cleaning and sanitizing it directly in your home.
How to wash it
Especially with the changes in seasons, it’s important to freshen up our duvets. Whether storing it away or getting ready for colder days, a clean duvet is essential for comfort.
- Washing machine: If it has a minimum capacity of 5kg for a single duvet and 7kg for a double duvet.
- Bathtub: A suitable alternative.
The program to use if washing it in the machine is a gentle cycle like the one for cotton at 86-104°F (or 30/40°C). Avoid harsh detergents for better results.
If washing it by hand, fill the bathtub with hot water and add two tablespoons each of vinegar, baking soda, and a handful of Marseille soap flakes. Soak the duvet, then rinse it thoroughly.
Can you have a clean duvet without washing it?
The answer is “Yes”, and we’ll tell you how.
To prepare this mixture, which will be used to sanitize and eliminate the bad musty smell from your wardrobe, you need:
- 5 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
- 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- Half a liter of water
- Two tablespoons of bicarbonate
Mix vigorously and transfer the solution into a container with a spray bottle. Spray on your duvets to be sanitized and perfumed, leave to act, and brush with a special accessory for clothing and fabrics.
Do you know what the perfect duvet is?
When picking a duvet, pay attention to several characteristics beyond just looks. The duvets in the market come with two types of filling:
- Natural: Made of goose or duck feathers, soft and light, retains heat very well.
- Synthetic: Based on polyester fibers, cheaper, ecological, and recommended for allergy sufferers.
Also, pay attention to the size and weight of the duvet to ensure a comfortable and restful sleep.